Welcome to the project website for the Uinta Basin Railway Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
The Seven County Infrastructure Coalition (Coalition) has filed a petition with the Surface Transportation Board (Board) requesting authority to construct and operate an approximately 85-mile common-carrier rail line connecting two termini in Utah's Uinta Basin near South Myton Bench and Leland Bench to the national rail network. The construction and operation of this proposed project has the potential to result in significant environmental impacts. Therefore, the Board’s Office of Environmental Analysis (OEA) has determined that the preparation of an EIS is appropriate pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Due to a technical issue with the project website from November 6, 2020 until November 24, 2020, requests to be added to the project mailing list during that time may not have been recorded. If you requested to be added to the project mailing list between November 6, 2020 and November 24, 2020, please resubmit your request by clicking here.
- Click here for instructions on how to join any online public meeting. Meeting registrations will close 1 hour prior to the start of a meeting to allow time for meeting preparation. Feel free to still join the meeting by Zoom or phone as indicated in the instructions, and indicate your request to make a comment during the meeting as directed by the meeting facilitator.
- On October 30, 2020, the Board issued the Draft EIS for public review and comment.
- The Coalition filed a Petition for Exemption with the Board on May 29, 2020. Click here to view.
- OEA issued a Notice of Availability of the Final Scope of Study for the EIS in the Federal Register on December 13, 2019. Click here to view.
- The scoping public comment period is now closed. Click here to learn more about the scoping process.
- Information from the July 2019 public scoping meetings is available to review. Click here to view.
- OEA issued a Notice of Intent and Draft Scope of Study for the EIS in the Federal Register, initiating the scoping process, on June 19, 2019. To see the Notice of Intent and Draft Scope of Study, click here.
- If you wish to be added to the project mailing list, click here.