Submission Number: UBR-DEIS-00542
Received: 1/28/2021 12:00:00 AM
Commenter: Sarah John
Initiative: Uinta Basin Railway EIS
Attachments: No Attachments
I'm against the railroad. Here's why:
1. Democrats are against us using our natural resources. The government in Washington, D.C. needs to change before Utah will have enough control over its own land to make this happen.
2. What businesses will this really benefit? The list you give on the website looks like only speculation. Which farmers, livestock owners, oil & gas businesses have said they will actually use it?
3. From your website: "Pipelines can only transport oil & gas and because the waxy crude oil extracted in the Uinta Basin has to be heated, increasing costs." This doesn't make any sense. If it's hard to go through pipelines, how are you going to get it on & off the train? It's got to be contained and therefore by riding on the train, it will be hard to get in and out of containers on a train because of the "waxy crude."
4. Who's paying for it? I don't believe this won't hurt our local taxes. Businesses are already hurting in Vernal. They aren't signing up for more expenses when they are already hurting. That just means to me that it will come back to hurt the small people who pay taxes. No thank you.
5. Around here we spell it Uintah Basin. It's annoying that you leave off the 'h' at the end.
I've said enough. I am against it.
Resident for 31 years